Friday, February 03, 2006

Avian and pandemic influenza

Some recent things I have spotted:

Nature paper on the
architecture of ribonucleoprotein complexes in influenza A virus particles

Science news item on
genomic analysis of the H5N1 strain

A Congressional News Service (part of the Library of Congress) report on
domestic preparedness efforts for a pandemic. A US Department of State report called Meeting the challenge of bird flu.

(I am very grateful to the New York Academy of Medicine Library's
Grey Literature Report for the last two of those).

2 comments:

Peter Houtman said...

thanks for this. useful info. The defra site is presumably the one to watch now

Keith Nockels said...

Thanks for that. I also have a page dedicated to avian flu, at http://www.le.ac.uk/li/khn5/birdflu.html, which I plan to update later today in the light of developments over the weekend. DEFRA is certainly on my list. KN