Today's Daily Mirror, I noticed, had an article telling how a hospital somewhere (Dudley?) had decided not to continue using its hi-tech cleaning equipment, and to go back to using bleach, as the new equipment was not having the desired effect.
There is at present an outbreak of C. diff. at James Paget Hospital, Gorleston. Google finds their press release at www.jpaget.co.uk/press/Cdiff%20proactive%20statement%2030%20March%2007.pdf . For news sources from the area, try the Eastern Daily Press, East Anglian Daily Times and Lowestoft Journal.