Sent an email to introduce myself to some of the members of my departments. I did this on the first Friday, and had two instant replies, one asking for articles, and one saying hello. By the next Wednesday (the next work day) I had had four more, including one request for a literature search, and two mentioning the possibility of going to a meeting in that department.
I have also:
- Visited the excellent Cancer Information Centre, getting two contacts to follow up;
- Done a literature search related to sickle cell anaemia;
- And another related to length of stay in hospital;
- Explored the Evidence Updates that we send out, thought a bit about how we might redesign one, and sent colleagues some bits and pieces for them;
- Let someone into the library;
- Answered two questions at the desk (everyone else was at Christmas lunch), only one of which I had to pass on to colleagues;
- Done induction training on infection control, basic resuscitation skills, moving and handling, equality and diversity, and safeguarding.
- Asked IT colleagues about two matters;
- Found some cancer information sites to put on a webpage.
Next week, week three.